Monday, June 30, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

This weeks MenuPlanMonday (episode III) is an interesting one as we are on vacation in Sunny Coastal GA. On our arrival day we had hot dogs, slaw and chips. Yesterday I made Overnight Sticky Buns for breakfast and Tuna Pasta Salad for lunch then last night we ate at Tubby's Tankhouse in Thunderbolt (the shrimp was amazing but the oysters were not very good). Today I made biscuits and my MIL made eggs and bacon (wakey wakey eggs and bakey!) For lunch it was "Do Your Own Thang" and tonight we are having Fisgus' Chicken Divan (only we add rice to s t r e t c h one recipe to feed all 7 of us).
Starting tomorrow breakfast will be "quick and easy, do it yourself" (except for Cooper I guess I will feed the 3y but everyone else is on their own will I sip my coffee on the deck - hehee)
My other "mealplanning" for the week includes "lunch fixins" like Egg Salad, Chicken Salad, Turkey & Munster, Roast Beef & Provolone, Bologna & Cheese, and PB&J. Our snack plan includes Raspberry Salsa, Homemade Pico&Guac, Cheese & Crackers, Homemade veggie dip and bugels, blueberries, strawberries, raisins LOTS OF GOODIES (that is what is great about vacation, yummO)
We have some super "blogger recommended" restaurants picked so my only real plan to cook is Suzanne's Lemon Pepper Shrimp on either Tues. or Wed. night. It sounds so good I will include the recipe below. Hmmm. Other than that I will play it by ear so I don't freak out GG and MawMaw with my "OPD" (over planning disease - hehee).
We leave on Saturday and I don't have a plan for that night or for Sunday so if one of you have a FAST suggestion that includes things I likely have at home, drop me a comment.

Suzanne's Lemon Pepper Shrimp
2 lbs unpeeled shrimp
3 stalks celery, chopped coarsely
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, sliced thinly
4 whole lemons
2 sticks butter
½ cup Worcestershire sauce
1 2oz can peppers (I forgot to buy this)
½ cup lemon juice
2 tsp hot sauce
1 Tbsp salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place shrimp in 9x13 glass baking dish. Scatter celery, onion and garlic over shrimp. Cut lemons in half and squeeze over shrimp. Place squeezed lemon halves in baking dish. In small saucepan, melt butter. Add all remaining ingredients to butter and mix well. Pour over shrimp. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, stirring often. Serve with crusty French bread to soak up juices.

No comments: